This was the first year I’ve found myself actually using a bunch of gift guides. Bustle.com leveled up my whole gift-giving game. And it also inspired me to share a Tara-style gift guide with you as we round out the season.
By Tara-style, I mean that this is a gift guide with a real twist: these are gifts you should give yourself. I can vouch for every single one of them personally, as these are the things I’ve given, received, created and received the most requests for this year. Spoiler alert: there’s a big one at the end.
Here’s a picture of mine. This is the #1 thing people ask me to send them the link to.
It’s beautiful, durable and a great conversation starter. I’ve had people ask me about it in cities all around the world.
This was by far the best book I wrote this year. Every time I read it I learn something. Har. But seriously, check the Amazon reviews. Five stars is no joke.
This one’s for you if you want to use your work to lift people up, regardless of what industry you work in. If you want to be a transformational leader. If you want to bring 100% of yourself to work. Or if you find my storytelling as hilarious as I do.
3. Tara’s Healthy Hippie Kit. I’m a low-key hippie at heart, and I get asked all the time for links to the products that are part of my daily wellbeing regimens. Here are a few of my go-tos:
BLUE ICE Fermented Cod Liver Oil The reason I almost never get sick.
4th and Heart Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee Butter Helps me live the Keto/Paleo/Intermittent Fasting life.
Schmidt’s Deodorant Stick, Lavender + Sage When we have a party, the whole room smells like this non-toxic, non-chemical, non-irritating, effective deodorant, because so many of my friends are now using it based on my rave reviews.
All Good Coconut Oil Skin Food Lemongrass I use a homemade version of this, but this one is, in the emoji-words of my friend Rebecca: 😙👌 (that’s the Italian chef kissing hand emoji, ICYMI).
Great Lakes Pasture-Raised Beef Collagen Peptides Anti-inflammatory pure collagen protein that boosts immune, healing, metabolism and even athletic recovery. It’s like drinking the best part of the bone broth without all the meat fat juice. And it’s only for the grown-and-sexy (GNS), by which I mean people who plan to age like fine wine.
Eliot’s Adult Nut Butters Honey Chipotle Peanut Butter Treat time: sounds crazy, but try it. This is not for sandwiches. This is GNS nut butter: it’s for apple slices or to be eaten by the spoon. Less than one gram of sugar, and it’s DELECTABLE.
The most powerful shift I’ve had recently in my creative and business life happened when I started making moves based on what made me feel expansive, joyous, impactful or all of the above.
This planner shifts the way you look at your time: not as a series of to-do tasks, but a series of initiatives based on your intention to feel a certain way.
If you like the sounds of this planner, you might appreciate this note I wrote a few weeks back: What are You Intending for this Season?
5. My book accelerator: The One Quarter Book. I’ve written 3 books, but while I was writing this last one I experienced a major shift. There was a very distinct pivot, where the book creation process transformed from a big looming project on a deadline into an expansive, exuberant, transformational experience for myself and my readers.
Inspired by this shift, this January I’ll be launching the first session of my latest passion project. It’s called The One Quarter Book —1QB—and it’s a 90-day book accelerator. 1QB is specifically for conscious leaders and creators who have a purpose-driven book inside that they want to get out in 90 days. The course itself starts January 29, 2018.
- 6 LIVE Video Masterclasses with me and a couple of guest teachers coaching you through my FlowStorm Writing Sequence, in real time
- 3 LIVE Zoom Group Coaching Calls, featuring Outline and Chapter Tutorials and Q+A with me
- Weekly writing sprint assignments and Daily Imperfect Action prompts
- The exact Purpose-Driven Book Outline Template, Action Plan and Chapter Guides I used to create my Amazon 5-star book, The Transformational Consumer!
- Lifetime access to all materials
- Post-Accelerator Writing Workshop opportunities for collaborating with other Accelerator members.
- A hard copy of The Transformational Consumer book, which we’ll reference at various times for writing samples.
1QB is entirely focused on helping you get the first draft of your purpose-driven book DONE in 90 days. The course will eventually be priced at $1000 to the public, but I’m offering it to you, my personal VIPs, for $750, to make it that much easier to give yourself this incredible gift. (Note: A three-payment plan is also available.) Register here: 1QB Early VIP Registration.
You are the first to know about this. I won’t even be making registration available to the public until our big marketing launch in January. But since we were talking about gifts to give yourself, and since writing my books has been the single most powerful level-up to my career and my life and even my own spiritual practice, I couldn’t leave this off the list.
If you want to get your book written in 2018, join me. Here’s the registration link: 1QB Early VIP Registration.
Head up + Heart out,